Saturday 30 April 2016

The Beer Spot. Should you stop?

So friends of mine told me about a craft beer place on Northcote Road, Takapuna called                 The Beer Spot. 40 beers on tap, try a taster, glass or take home. I tried 6 samples and then took home 2 bottles. I ordered the beers in the order they are below but tasted the following beers in lowest alcohol percentage to highest:
Rare Bird: Ruru black IPA by Parrot Dog 7.7% (probably my favourite of the day)
Sunshine Powercut mild dark ale 2.4%
So'phisticuffs by Funk Estate IPA 6%
Behemoth & Deep Creek Ching fresh hop NZ pale ale 6.5%
Pernicious Weed by Garage Project IIPA 8%
TasterDeep Creek Water Mellon Gose 4.6% (this was the only one I won't drink again. It's a dessert beer and did have that water melon taste, but thats just me).

I took home:
Belle Irish Red Ale 4.6%
American Amber Ale by Hop Federation 4.5%

Very friendly staff who were all excited about beer and knew a lot. Pizza was available if required, or maybe a hair cut if you fancy it after a beer. Great place. Definitely worth checking out.
















No comments:

Post a Comment